Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Gourmand Falls


Last night I went to watch my goalie friend Aral play ice hockey. Aral did a great job and (finally) her team really helped out on defense. Still gotta work on offense and scoring. But this post isn't about hockey, it's about how the gourmand fell.

I was hungry when I got to the rink and I only had about 3 minutes before the puck was dropped at center ice. No time for food lines. I headed straight for the vending machines. Had a bag of cheetos. Loved it. Licked my fingers. Didn't even read the lengthy list of ingredients. Best $.75 I've spent in a while.

After the game I went back for a bag of Smartfood. It was okay. It was a little healthier. But I should have had a second bag of Cheetos. And a Barqs. Every once in a while, the gourmand just wants Cheetos and a Barqs. And last night, the fall was very satisfying.

6 comments:

The Reverent Eater said...

rhutoo - yes. for my blizzard lunch i resorted to hotdogs, baked beans and sauerkraut. They are now actually selling real raw fermented locally made sauerkraut at our farm store! Can you believe it? Anyway, the beans and the sauerkraut made it all seem healthy. But it was a comforting housebound lunch, nonetheless.

Lila said...

No WAY! YOU ate Cheetos? YOU?!? HOTDOGS??? WHAT IS THIS MADNESS???

Thanks for coming last night, and for your generous assessment of the game. :-)

Minka said...

I am a sucker for carbohydrates. Complex carbohydrates? Even better!
But I try to eat helathy most of the time, but once in a while I just have to have potatoes, cream, bread and all that stuff. Yummie!

Lila said...

Happy Birthday, you no-show blogger!

Minka said...

The Gourmant has been falling for quite a while now ;)

The Reverent Eater said...

Sorry! I'm back.